keskiviikko 12. elokuuta 2015

LONDON TRAVELLER


Finally I had time to write down the info about London pass and my tips about travelling in London. So I decided to buy a London pass since I was going to be a longer time here so I had plenty of time to do sight seeing. I wanted to maximize my London experience. Little did I know how good decision it was to get the London pass. Without it I would have missed sooo many places and spent way too much money. Oh it's going to be a long post so might take some time to go through.

I had my bought my London pass for ten days. You can buy the pass for one, two, three, six or ten days. So I bought the ten day pass for 116,80 pounds. I got lucky to hit the summer sales as normally the 10 day pass costs 146 pounds so I had 20 percent discount. I collected my pass in the London pass office which is located in Leicester Square in central London. I had bought it online and I then collected it when I started the sight seeing. You can also get the pass shipped to your home before travelling to UK but then a small additional fee has to be paid. After you purchase the pass you can collect it whenever you wish and it's valid for one year starting from the buying date. They also return the money if you decide not to use and collect the pass.

When collecting the pass I got the card aka London pass chain for it and the booklet about all the attractions, tours and museums where I could get with the pass. There is also offers and discounts to restaurants, shopping malls, theatres in the booklet. Oh I also recommend having a travel card or oyster card ( I wonder why it is called oyster?) like it's called here. It is really convenient  and fast to travel with the tube to different attractions because the distances can be quite long here. Especially if your accommodation is further from the centre or you wish to see attractions which are outside of central London. In the booklet you can also find the London tube map. Looks confusing on first sight but after a few days it starts to make sense.

Vihdoin löytyi aikaa kirjoittaa London pass: sta ja laittaa ylös vinkit Lontoon matkailuun. Ensinnäkin ostin tuon passin, koska mulla oli hyvin aikaa täällä ja ehtisin nähdä paljon paikkoja. Halusin maksimoida Lontoo kokemukseni, joten päädyin ostamaan passin, koska se vaikutti hyvältä ratkaisulta. Vähänpä tiesin miten hyvän valinnan tein kun ostin passin. Olisi jäänyt moni paikka näkemättä ilman sitä ja kulunut valtava määrä rahaa. Ainiin on aika pitkä postaus tällä kertaa joten voi viedä vähän aikaa..

Ostin passin kymmneksi päiväksi. Passin voi siis ostaa yhdeksi, kahdeksi, kolmeksi, kuudeksi tai kymmeneksi päiväksi. Maksoin passista 116,8 puntaa eli 166 euroa. Olin onnekas, koska satuin ostamaan sen jonkun kesäalen aikaan ja sain 20 prossan alennuksen. Normihinta olisi ollut 146 puntaa. Noudin passin firman toimistosta, joka sijaitsee Leicester Square:lla Lontoon keskusta-alueella aloittaessani nähtävyyksien kiertelyn. Passin saa myös kotiin lähetettynä, mutta silloin joutuu maksamaan pienen lisämaksun. Ostin passin nettikaupasta ja ostohetkestä lähtien se on voimassa vuoden ajan ja sen voi noutaa milloin haluaa. Mikäli passia ei ole käyttänyt, niin saa rahansa takaisin.

Noutaessani passin sain sen lisäksi tuon hauskan ketjun koteloineen, kirjasen, missä oli kaikki kohteet mihin pääsee passilla ilmaiseksi. Lisäksi on tarjouksia ja alennuksia ravintoloihin, ostoskeskuksiin ja teattereihin. Suosittelen myös hankkimaan matkakortin eli oyster cardin ( mistäköhän tuo osteri oikein tulee?) passin oheen, sillä etäisyydet ovat pitkät täällä jopa keskustan sisällä. Metrolla on todella kätevä ja nopea matkustaa eri kohteisiin, varsinkin jos majoitus ei ole aivan keskustassa ja haluaa nähdä kauempanakin olevia kohteita. Kirjasesta löytyy myös Lontoon metrokartta. Näyttää alkuun sekavalta, mutta parin päivän jälkeen metrosysteemi alkaa hahmottua




Here few of the places where I was: Kew botanic gardens, BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Westminster abbey, Tower of London. 


The bus tour is not included in the London pass but you get discount with the pass if you buy the bus ticket. When my parents we're here I took the bus tour with them. Recommend that as well as you see all the important sights and overall view of central London.

Bussikierros ei sisälly London Pass:iin, mutta passilla saa alennusta mikäli ostaa lipun turistibussiin. Vanhempieni ollessa täällä käymässä, kävin heidän kanssaan bussiajelulla. Suosittelen myös sijoittamaan bussilippuun, sillä kierroksella näkee kaikki tärkeimmät nähtävyydet ja saa vähän kokonaiskuvaa Lontoon keskustasta.



In the booklet there is different sections like: places of interest, historic buildings, museums, tours and leisure. You can find all the information in the booklet. Which tube line you have to take and which stations are the closest ones to the sight. There is also a little map on the page which shows the attraction and the closest tube stations. In the booklet there is also the opening times, numbers, addresses. Very handy!

Kirjanen on jaoteltu osiohin, kuten mielenkiintoiset paikat, historialliset rakennukset, museot, kierrokset ja vapaa-aika. Kaikki tieto löytyy kirjasesta esim. mikä metrolinja vie nähtävyydelle ja mitkä ovat lähimmät metroasemat. Kirjasesta löytyy myös pieni kartta samalta sivulta, missä näkyy nähtävyys ja lähimmät metroasemat. Lisäksi näet aukioloajat, puhelinnumerot, osoitteet. Kätevää!


London Pass is just a regular plastic card you can wear it with the chain or put it in the same case with the oyster card like I did. I saw many people in the sights also wearing the chain. So it is a matter of preference. 

London pass on tavallinen muovikortti ja sitä voi käyttää tuon ketjun kanssa kaulassa tai laittaa samaan koteloon matkakortin kanssa niin kuin minä tein. Näin nähtävyyksillä myös paljon ihimisiä kenellä kortti roikkui kaulassa. Jokainen voi siis käyttää juuri niinkuin itse haluaa.




In ten days I was able to do these attractions: 

Westminster Abbey 
Jewel Tower
Tower Bridge exhibition
Tower of London
Design Museum
BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir
London Zoo
Science Museum and the Imax theatre
Pollocks Toy Museum
Kensington Palace
Jewish Museum
Royal Observatory Greenwich
ArcelorMittal Orbit
The Household Cacalry Museum
Royal Albert Hall
Chelsea Physic Garden
Fan Museum
The Banqueting House
Kew Botanic Garden
National Gallery

I also went on my own to these free entry attractions

Tate Modern
The Natural History Museum
Southwark Cathedral

I calculated that I had payed all the entrance fees and tickets to these places it would have cost to me 228,2 pounds 323,82 euros. So I saved 50 percent of my money by having the London Pass. And did I mention with the London Pass you can pass the queues. So recommend of getting one, it is worth it and pays itself back as incredible experiences and easiness. Now I feel bit empty but happy and after seeing all those amazing places. I've learned so many new things and know much more now. I can now say even that it's a cliche that travelling truly broadens your horizons and teaches many new things. 

Tuossa ylhäällä lista paikoista missä kävin ja pienempi lista on paikoista mitkä on ilmaisia, missä kävin muuten vaan itsekseni. Laskin että jos olisin ostanut kaikkiin noihin paikkoihin lipun tai sisäänpääsymaksun multa olisi kulunut 228,2 puntaa eli 323,8 euroa. Pääsin siis puolet halvemmalla passin kanssa. Ainiin en tainnut vielä mainita mutta passin kanssa pääsee siis jonon ohi myös. Suosittelen siis hankkimaan sellaisen, maksaa ehdottomasti itsensä takaisin upeina elämyksinä ja helpputena. Nyt on vähän tyhjä mutta kuitenkin onnellinen olo noiden hienojen paikkojen jälkeen. Olen oppinut tosi paljon uutta ja tiedän paljon uusia asioita. Nyt voin kliseisesti todeta että matkailu todella avartaa ja opettaa uusia asioita.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti